28 December 2010

Customer Service is non-existant

Fuck Bigoted Department Stores 

I went shoe shopping with my Mother at a major department store. I asked a salesman for help and though I was met with a little more than slight resistance, he begrudgingly helped.  I had to give him an epitaph on the importance of good service, "Sir, since you work on commission, Do you not? ...  I would imagine it would be in your best interest--more than mine--to assist me today."

As I was trying on some shoes, I heard one of the other sales woman ask the woman behind me of she needed any help.  She did not.  Subsequently, my Mother walked up to her and asked that same sales woman for assistance.  The woman declined.  Oh yes, you read correctly.  She declined!  Sales Woman:  (VERY rudely)  "Can't you see that I am busy lady? "

My Mother being the sweet, warm hearted woman she is, payed no attention and walked away.  I could not help myself; no one talks to my Mother like that.  I had to say something.  My Mother begged me not to say anything and to pay no mind to ignorant people like that.  They are insecure.  Mama always knows best.

I walked away with 3 pairs of shoes, a pair of boots and a pair of sneakers for Mama.  I gave the devil stare at that wretched sales woman who denied my mother.  I was very tempted to have my 'Pretty Woman' moment; where I walk up to the woman and say something like: "Big Mistake, Huge" and lift up the shopping bags filled with new shoes.  I did not, as per Mothers wish.

I wonder.  If my Mother was a white, Jewish or WASPy looking Woman, would they have treated her differently.  The obvious answer is, yes.  This pisses me off the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment