12 November 2010

Don't Walk, RUN!

I would really like to start a petition called 'Don't Walk, Run' to demand a pedestrian speed limit in all heavy pedestrian traffic zones in NYC.  Of course, exceptions will be made to those whom are physically/mentally challenged, the elderly, temporarily damaged, etc.

This is NYC people! Not Arkansas!

Every morning I take the subway from Union Square to Times Square.  Every morning I am running a little behind and pushing my way through crowds of people whom deem it imperative to take a leisurely stroll through the station and the surrounding streets.  Once I get to Times Square, things become much worse, clearly, given the amount of tourists.

I would like to start a list of rules and guidelines for the subway.  I want to petition that these rules be included on the back of EVERY metro card as well as put up on posters in the subway cars, station, and outside.    The fine:  A lifetime sentence in Guantanamo!

Some rules worth remembering:
  1. Do not stop in front of an escalotor or stairs, move out to the sides.  
  2. Put your mobile away and stop texting or playing, and MOVE  a) you can't get service down here anyway, b) whatever your texting/playing can wait 
  3. For Gosh sakes, take your bags off of the seat next to you        
  4. There is no 'saving seats' on the subway train during the morning commute!
  5. You smell, I'm grossed out.  I KNOW you can do something about that. 
  6. I understand you have a baby, but I don't understand your gargantuan stroller/smart car
  7. You're tired.  I get it.  But don't sleep on me. I am not your head rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment