14 November 2010

Pendulum Arm Swingers

The other day, I was walking up the subway stairs in the Times Square Station, attempting to battle may way through the morning cattle run of a commute.  I was knocked on my head hard, with conviction, by the man in front of me.  I dramatically yelped in pain.  The man did not even turn around.  Coincidentally, later that day, the same man, I guess during his lunch break, wound up in front of me again.  This time however, he knocked me on my chastity belt.  I could not help myself.  I tapped him on the shoulder and in true NYC Jewish/Latina form, I said, "Hey, Watch it Buddy."  Retrospectively, I realize, I could have said something far more poignant to get my point across.  Unfortunately, the aforementioned was what came out.

I'm growing increasingly frustrated over the amount of people who walk around with a pendulum of an arm swing.  Seriously people, you look ridiculous.  I don't even know how it is possible for someone to swing their arms like that of a gorilla when walking. We, of course, are not gorillas but  are (semi) proportionate human beings.  Do you not have any shame?  Do you not have any personal dignity?  Yes, clearly I am being far too harsh.  But I'm frustrated.  It's NYC, it happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment